There is no denying that the coronavirus pandemic well and truly derailed our plans. We suddenly found ourselves plunged into a new world full of fear and apprehension, careers being one of the most greatly affected areas of life during this time.
Many of us also suddenly found ourselves socially isolated, with very little routine and outside stimulation, instead of being confined to the sofa under the rule of the almighty Zoom.
Our confidence and social skills have taken a hard blow in the last 2 years, and a strong attributing factor in this has been the severe disruption to work life. Our work is often how we make a difference in the world – one of the first questions we tend to ask one another is ‘what do you do?’ Our work gives us purpose and helps us to strive toward our dreams and goals, giving us a sense of direction, certainty and fulfilment.
So in case no one has asked you today – how are you doing? What challenges has covid posed to your working life and, consequently, your passion for what you do?
Or perhaps the lengthy isolation of covid caused you to become disenchanted with your work, leaving you unsure of where to go next, unsure of where to find that spark that motivates you and gets you out of bed in the morning.
Perhaps we can help with that.
Here at My Learning Online, we offer an extensive range of courses – whether you are looking for a post covid career change or find that you can’t concentrate after covid and are seeking inspiration to reduce the effects of ‘pandemic brain’, we have focused professional courses in multiple work sectors for you to explore and choose from.
Let’s show you around!
Choosing where you want to be
Thinking about what sparks your passion and interest is the first step to finding a career that you love. Connected offers some great guidance on choosing or changing your career, as well as links to where you can access further support and advice.
Now, on with the show! At My Learning Online we have 7 business sectors to choose from, each offering a range of specific courses to suit your tastes. We have:
- Wildlife and Animal
- Agriculture and Farming
- Small Business, Admin and Reception
- Landscaping and Horticulture
Within each category comes a variety of courses, all of which are online, meaning you can hone your craft from the comfort of your own home, with full flexibility and ease of access. Here’s an overview of just a few of the courses we have on offer:
- Portrait Photography
- Wildlife Photography
- Marine Studies
- Dog Grooming
- Nail Tech
- Professional Makeup Artistry
- Eyelash Lift and Tint
- Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture
- Life Coaching Health and Wellbeing
- Wedding Planning and Event Management
- Adventure Tourism
- Professional Communication
- Project Management and Leadership
- Construction Business Administration and Bookkeeping
- Counselling Pathway
- and so many more!
This is just a snippet of the subjects that we offer for study – each of our courses comes with a downloadable brochure and further information regarding course overview, module breakdown, accessing online learning, tutor support and tuition payment plans.
Our aim is to get you in the most industry-ready position possible by graduation so that you are prepared to take on the world with your new knowledge and skills at hand.
Reigniting that old spark
Although a career change may feel like the right thing to do for some, others, have simply lost the passion that they once had for their job, and need some guidance on how to fix their pandemic brain.
Below, we’ve gathered a few tips to get you back on track and loving what you do:
- Getting back into a routine – sounds simple, but getting yourself back into a regular life/work rhythm is a great start to get your motivation going. Whether you work from home or are now able to head back to a workspace, try implementing a proper morning routine to get yourself up and ready to start the day. The wonders a proper breakfast, sufficient hydration and a quick stretch in the fresh air can do you is astonishing and will have you feeling more equipped to tackle the day’s thrills and spills.
- Productivity Reminders – lack of concentration and brain fog have become unsuspecting side effects of the pandemic, and have left many of us feeling lost and prone to procrastination. Setting yourself small productivity reminders to reach your goals throughout the day will quickly have you feeling that sense of accomplishment that makes our work worthwhile. Whether you are a fan of the good old sticky note or prefer to tick things off a virtual list, physically seeing a task you have to complete and then checking it off when it is done is a great way to manage your thoughts. Especially as it can get pretty crowded up there, what with the dreaded pandemic brain of 2022. Perhaps try leaving yourself the odd note of encouragement too!
- Upskill post covid – even when we love what we do, sometimes we need a reminder of why we started doing it in the first place. Taking a course or workshop, attending a talk or seminar, or even just speaking to your colleagues can help to re-light that fire in your belly that drove you to your work. It is never too late to learn new things about your industry or refresh yourself on the basics, as well as the current climate and avenues that you perhaps hadn’t thought to explore before.
- Be kind to yourself – we have just been through a global pandemic, the world is topsy-turvy and we have all just been doing our best to stay afloat. All feelings of confusion and loss and fear are a completely natural response to what we have just experienced, and it is important to recognise the need to care for ourselves and others in this new world. Reaching out to colleagues and loved ones about your concerns for your work and the future is a vital step in getting back to where you want to be. New Zealand Red Cross has some brilliant advice on looking after the mental health of yourself and others post covid. It seems that despite this challenging time, humankind has come out the other side a little more compassionate and considerate than it was before.
Whether you are looking for a total rebrand or just a fresh coat of paint, My Learning Online is a great place to start if you are thinking about enhancing your skills and passion post covid.
Enquire about any of our courses today – we look forward to hearing from you!